Sunday, September 14, 2008

Today, September 14th was the annual race for breast cancer, or Race for the Cure. This particular race takes place in Central Park in Manhattan. Thousands of people take part in this because all the proceedings go to help find a cure for breast cancer. I have been doing this walk for many years. My Aunt Lynette died of breast cancer in 1998 which is why I initially started doing this walk. The first year that my family and I did this there were about 60 people there in memorance to my aunt which was really nice. Ever since then, I've been doing the race. I decided to write about the race today because it does mean a lot to me and breast cancer is everwhere. I don't think I know anyone that could tell me that they didn't know someone who has been somehow affected by breast cancer.

No comments: